CPT Update 2021: Surgical and Category III CodesFor 2021, there are 50 changes in the Surgical CPT codes (including Integumentary, Cardiovascular and Respiratory System) and 69 codes changes for Category III codes. All outpatient Coding and CDI professionals need to review key aspects to these changes including code descriptions and instructions;
Understanding the new surgical CPT codes changes and their clinical meaning;
Coding staff must gain the knowledge of the coding instructions and how they impact the new Surgical and Category III codes;
Obtaining accurate reimbursement and coding Compliance by following coding rules and instructions.
Get comprehensive information by Coding specialist, Gloryanne Bryant, including - detailed review of the 2021 Surgical range 10000-69999 and Category III CPT Codes. Knowing the CPT code description and instructions helps to maintain compliance and decrease risks. Using the new codes for 2021 will ensure appropriate outpatient claim processing and revenue. Keeping up to date with clinical coding changes is an essential component to every Coding and CDI professional.
- Overview of 2021 CPT changes specific to Surgical 10000-69999 (new, revised and deleted), Integumentary, Musculoskeletal, Cardiovascular, high-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) ablation and Auditory as well as Category III codes, including instructions and notes.
- Review of the New surgical and category III CPT codes for 2021
- Improve understanding of clinical aspects to surgical procedures such as and many others.
- Learn documentation and specificity for many new codes.
- Meet compliance and obtain coding accuracy that can reimbursement with knowledge of the CPT coding instructions and parenthetical notes.
- Review CPT Chapter Official Instruction changes 2021
- Enhance knowledge of the key concepts of new CPT code within the Surgical range and Category III for 2021
- Learn about the significant changes to the code set surgical range; and Category III
- Gain an understanding of key documentation requirements and clinical aspects for assignment of new CPT codes
- Enhance skills through coding Practice with review and analysis of CPT case scenarios.
- Keep in mind the focus today is CPT coding. (excluding E&M)
- Detailed review of the 2021 Surgical range 10000-69999 and Category III CPT Codes.
- Learning the instructions notes for the codes to obtain coding accuracy.
- Having CPT Case scenarios to analysis and code can and will improve your knowledge and skills.
- Obtaining coding accuracy and compliance is the goal for us all in healthcare!
- Time is Now to Learn the Surgical and Category III CPT Code Changes
Who Should Attend?
- HIM Coding staff, Supervisors/Mgrs. And Directors.
- CDI Staff and CDI Physician Champions.
- CDI Leaders and Mgmt.
- Inpatient AND outpatient coding staff (incl Physician Office Staff)
- Data analysts
- Coding Auditors, Coding educators and Coding Compliance Staff and Leaders.
- All healthcare settings; home health, SNF, Rehab, LTC, etc.
- Revenue Cycle Leader and revenue integrity staff.
Ask a question at the Q&A session following the live event and get advice unique to your situation, directly from our expert speaker.
Click for Menu of Ordering options