New Code Changes: FY2021 ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Update and OverviewTime is Now to Learn About FY2021 ICD-10-CM Code Changes. Ensure coding compliance with a review of the FY2021 New ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Codes.
High-level review of the Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting FY2021 (Vaping & COVID and guideline I.B.14) to prepare for a new year of coding changes. Education and awareness of the new ICD-10-CM codes – begin October 1st, 2020.
A Chapter by chapter review of new ICD-10-CM codes; Cytokine Release Syndrome – grades 1 – 5 and unspecified, Diseases of glucose transport, Alcohol and various drug abuse or use with withdrawal, Expansion of cerebellar ataxia and many others.
Some clinical insights into disease process i.e. Chronic Kidney Disease – 3a, 3b, and unspecified, Neonatal cerebral infarction, Babesiosis and Complications of Corneal Transplant), which will enhance an understanding and help with identification of documentation improvement areas. Highlights of the Official Coding Guideline changes for FY2021i.e. (Chapter 1, and Chapter 22).
Having Case scenario’s to analysis and code with ICD-10-CM can and will improve your knowledge and skills. Obtaining coding accuracy and compliance is the goal for us all in healthcare!
Get comprehensive information byCoding specialist, Gloryanne Bryant, on all critical information areas including - For FY2021 there are 490 new codes, 47 revised codes, and 58 codes deemed invalid!! Coding and CDI professionals need to review key aspects to the Official Guideline changes including chapter specific guidelines; Understanding the new ICD-10-CM codes changes and their clinical meaning; Coding staff must gain the knowledge of the coding conventions and how they impact the new ICD-10CM diagnosis codes; Obtaining coding Compliance and compliance with HIPAA regulations including following coding conventions and guidelines.
- Gain new understanding of the Official Guideline changes for Coding and Reporting FY202
- Understand the changes to ICD-10-CM that take effect October 1st 2021;
- Learn some clinical aspects of conditions to be coded with490 “new” ICD-10-CMdiagnosis codes.
- Review the ICD-10-CM tabular classification for new codes to enhance coding accuracy.
- Know the appropriate ICD-10-CM new codes to assign and report to ensure compliance.
- Analysis and code case scenarios.
- Overview of FY2021 Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting, including some chapter specific guidelines.
- Review of the New ICD-10-CM Diagnosis codes for FY2021
- Improve understanding of clinical conditions such as and many others.
- Learn documentation and specificity for many new codes.
- Meet compliance and obtain coding accuracy that can impact medical necessity and reimbursement with knowledge of the coding conventions and instructions.
Who Should Attend?
- HIM Coding staff, Supervisors/Mgrs. And Directors.
- CDI Staff and CDI Physician Champions.
- CDI Leaders and Mgmt.
- Inpatient AND outpatient coding staff (incl Physician Office Staff)
- Data analysts
- Coding Auditors, Coding educators and Coding Compliance Staff and Leaders.
- All healthcare settings; home health, SNF, Rehab, LTC, etc.
- Revenue Cycle Leader and revenue integrity staff.
Ask a question at the Q&A session following the live event and get advice unique to your situation, directly from our expert speaker.
Click for Menu of Ordering options