Coronavirus ICD-10-CM & CPT/HCPCS Coding Update & ReviewUnderstand the timeline for the correct ICD-10-CM and CPT/HCPCS codes for Coronavirus, and address specific COVID-19 ICD-10-CM coding billing questions about documentation solutions.
Capturing the data for “COVID19” from Clinical coding is vital for disease management, patient care, prevention, population health and reimbursement. Knowing the correct COVID-19 ICD-10-CM codes to select is essential, especially with changes to the coding as of April 1st, 2020. With a new ICD-10-CM code to capture COVID-19 every healthcare setting needs to be sure to know and understand the coding guidelines and rules. Understand what code to assign for “testing” is critical; how to code for patient under "testing", or after signs and symptoms.
All across healthcare we are experiencing the impact of the Coronavirus-19 or COVID-19. Every Coding, HIM and CDI professionals needs to know and understand how, when and which codes to assign for a given encounter, including for a “testing encounter”. Official guidelines from the CDC have been published and give instructions for ICD-10-CM coding. Beginning April 1, 2020 there is a new code for COVID-19 that should be used and this changes the code selection. All across healthcare in all settings, we are impacted by the COVID-19 crisis, thus having a clear understanding of the clinical coding , both ICD-10-CM and CPT/HCPCS is an imperative for all!
Get answers to your key queries, including - #When will the new guidelines on U07.1 be released? The instruction is to use U07.1 as a Princ Dx only but for newborns, this would mean is should be secondary dx correct? #Since the new COVID-19 code is being used starting April 1st, should we plan to conduct some coding audits on the coding of coronavirus? #Will the "Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting" be updated regarding COVID-19? Join this timely and comprehensive program by HIM and Coding specialist, Gloryanne Bryant, who will review specific new codes for Coronavirus pandemic and discuss new changes for coding and billing accuracy. ICD-10-CM and CPT official guidelines for coding & reporting 2020 as well as CDC recent guidance and updated coding information for Covid-19 will be covered.
- A Review of the ICD-10-CM Coronavirus coding timeline for before and after April 1, 2020
- Provide CDC, AHIMA and AHA information on where to obtain details on coding of COVID-19
- Understand the key steps and strategies to correct code assignment including for “testing”
- Walk through some case scenario’s to analyze
- Address coding questions and Documentation best practices
- Comprehensive learning on how to code, report and bill Covid-19 viral diseases.
- Understand the timeline for the correct ICD-10-CM and CPT/HCPCS codes for Coronavirus
- Learn how and when to take key action to improve documentation, coding accuracy and compliance.
- Discuss next steps and ways to be ensure coding accuracy
- Best Practices for Physician Office and/or Clinics – Patient Testing
Who Should Attend?
- Clinical Coding Staff, Supervisor/Manager – both hospital inpatient/outpatient
- Physician office, Physician, Remote services professionals
- Coding Auditor, Coding Educator
- Coder/Coding Professional
- Billers, Office Managers
- Coding Compliance Specialist/Manager
- Clinical Documentation Improvement specialists
- Hospital ER coding professional
- Physician Office Coding Staff
- LTC and Rehab Coding Staff
- ALL HEALTHCARE SETTINGS AND PRACTICES
Ask a question at the Q&A session following the live event and get advice unique to your situation, directly from our expert speaker.
Click for Menu of Ordering options