Understanding Key Aspects of Documentation and Coding Respiratory FailureWhat is the key documentation needed in order to support the diagnosis Respiratory Failure (Acute or Chronic) and avoid payment denials? Understand the Coding Guidelines for Respiratory Failure and Avoiding Denials.
Gain greater understanding of the clinical indicators relating to the condition of Respiratory Failure. Ensuring comprehensive clinical documentation and obtaining the key elements will help improve coding accuracy and reduce denials of Respiratory Failure diagnosis.
ICD-10-CM guidelines regarding principal diagnosis and secondary diagnosis are critical for all coding professionals. Learning the specific chapter 10 guidelines regarding Respiratory Failure can enhance data integrity and compliance.
Why are we seeing denials of the ICD-10-CM codes for Respiratory Failure? It’s critical to review and analyze denied cases as examples. Join this webinar by approved HIM and Coding trainer and speaker Gloryanne Bryant, who will review specific coding scenario’s to improve and enhance coding accuracy.
- Achieving Accurate ICD-10-CM code assignment for Respiratory Failure
- Obtaining Compliant reimbursement through knowledge of Respiratory Failure
- Understanding the Official Guidelines and instructions for coding Respiratory Failure and related COPD
- Reviewing denials and analyze case scenario’s to enhance learning and improve outcomes
- Understand the terminology and clinical definitions for Respiratory Failure
- Gain an overview of the clinical indicators and disease process
- Obtain a greater understanding of official guidelines for reporting a diagnosis of Respiratory Failure
- Learn the key documentation to prevent denials
- Review specific coding scenario’s to improve and enhance coding accuracy.
- Knowing the clinical indicators and pathophysiology of Respiratory Failure is a vital competency for coding professionals and clinical documentation improvement specialists.
- Understand the causes of and common treatment of this often life-threatening condition of Respiratory Failure
- Accurate ICD-10-CM coding of Respiratory Failure can help to decrease denials and avoid regulatory scrutiny
- Know the correct ICD-10-CM code to assign when Respiratory Failure is present with other Respiratory condition (ie. COPD)
- Often seen in emergency and acute care healthcare settings we find patients with a diagnosis of “Respiratory Failure” and compliant coding is key.
- Gain a greater comprehension of ICD-10-CM Chapter 10 Guidelines for Respiratory Failure.
- What is the key documentation needed in order to support the diagnosis Respiratory Failure (Acute or Chronic) and avoid payment denials?
Who Should Attend?
- Clinical Coding Staff, Supervisor/Manager
- Coding Auditor
- Coding Educator
- Coder/Coding Professional
- Coding Compliance Specialist/Manager
- Clinical Documentation Improvement specialists
- Hospital ER coding professional
- Physician Office Coding Staff
- Pulmonologist Coding Staff
Ask a question at the Q&A session following the live event and get advice unique to your situation, directly from our expert speaker.
Click for Menu of Ordering options