Review of CPT Coding for Injections/Infusions
*This program has the prior approval of AAPC for 1 continuing education hours. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor.
Understanding “new technology” ICD-10-PCS codes are critical to hospital revenue. Changes are effective October beginning.
Understand the difference between “initial, Sequential/Subsequent, or Concurrent services must be achieved for compliant coding and claims.
CPT coding for the administration of injection and infusion services can be challenges with extensive coding rules, note, hierarchy rules, and sometimes differing payer guidelines. Terminology and Definitions need to be understood. Time-based code descriptions can be difficult when reviewing the clinical documentation. Follow the basic CPT Injection/Infusion hierarchy when identifying the type or service level. Understand the difference between “initial, Sequential/Subsequent, or Concurrent services must be achieved for compliant coding and claims.
Some payer have specific guideline requirements to be aware of. Ensuring comprehensive clinical documentation and obtaining the key elements will help improve coding accuracy and reduce denials. Join this webinar by approved HIM and Coding trainer and speaker Gloryanne Bryant, who will review payer guidelines and case scenario’s to enhance learning around OP Injection/Infusion Coding and Challenges.
Accurate CPT coding of Injections/Infusions depends on the documentation in the medical record. When multiple medication administration services are provided, we need to follow the CPT guidelines and instructions.
- Obtaining Compliant reimbursement for outpatient injection/infusion
- What is the correct CPT code for both IV injection, infusion 95 mins and hydration 65 mins?
- What key documentation to obtain to support the CPT codes for injection/infusion services and avoid denials?
- Achieving Accurate CPT code assignment for Injection/Infusion services
- Understanding the CPT coding instructions for injection and infusion services
- Review payer guidelines and case scenario’s to enhance learning
- Under the terminology and definitions for Injection/Infusion services
- Overview of CPT Medicine section for Injection/Infusions Services
- Gain a greater understanding of the Injection/Infusion facility reporting hierarchy
- Learn the key questions to ask when assigning these outpatient CPT codes.
- Review specific coding scenario’s
Who Should Attend?
- Coding Supervisor/Manager
- Outpatient Coding Auditor
- Outpatient Coding Educator
- Coder/Coding Professional (outpatient setting)
- Coding Compliance Specialist/Mgr.
- Hospital ER coding professional
- Physician Office Coding Staff
Ask a question at the Q&A session following the live event and get advice unique to your situation, directly from our expert speaker.
Click for Menu of Ordering options