New Code Changes FY2020: ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Updates
*This program has the prior approval of AAPC for 1.5 continuing education hours. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor.
A Chapter by chapter review of new ICD-10-CM codes; including Adenosine deaminase [ADA] deficiency, Atrial Fibrillation, Phlebitis and Thrombophlebitis, pressure-induced deep tissue damage, Congenital deformities of feet, Orbital fracture, Legal Intervention and many others.
Brace for key learnings on all ICD new codes update for 2020. Some clinical insights into disease process i.e. atrial fibrillation, phlebitis, heatstroke and endometrial ablation syndrome) which will enhance an understanding and help with identification of documentation improvement areas. Highlights of the Official Coding Guideline changes for FY2020 i.e. (Chapter 12, Chapter 19 and Chapter 21).
Having Case scenario’s to analysis and code with ICD-10-CM can and will improve your knowledge and skills. Obtaining coding accuracy and compliance is the goal for us all in healthcare! Keeping up to date with clinical coding changes is an essential component to every Coding and CDI professional.
Join this 90 minute professional program by coding and compliance expert speaker, Gloryanne Bryant, who believes knowing the official guidelines for Coding & Reporting helps to maintain compliance and decrease risks. Time is now to learn about FY2020 ICD-10-CM code changes.
- Gain new understanding of the Official Guideline changes for Coding and Reporting FY2020 including chapter specific guidelines.
- Understand the changes to ICD-10-CM that take effect October 2019.
- Learn some clinical aspects of conditions to be coded with 273 “new” ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes.
- Review the ICD-10-CM tabular classification for new codes to enhance coding accuracy.
- Know the appropriate ICD-10-CM new codes to assign and report to ensure compliance.
- Understanding the new ICD-10-CM codes changes and their clinical meaning.
- Gaining knowledge of the conventions and how they impact the new ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes.
- Compliance with HIPAA regulations including following coding conventions and guidelines.
- Analysis and code case scenarios.
- Overview of FY2020 Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting, including some chapter specific guidelines.
- Review of the New ICD-10-CM Diagnosis codes for FY2020
- Improve understanding of clinical conditions such as atrial fibrillation, phlebitis, deep-tissue injury, Congenital deformities of feet and many others.
- Learn documentation and specificity for many new codes.
- Meet compliance and obtain coding accuracy that can impact reimbursement with knowledge of the coding conventions and instructions.
Who Should Attend
- HIM Coding Management,
- Supervisors and Staff, and Directors
- CDI Staff and CDI Physician Champions
- Clinical Documentation Improvement/Integrity Management, CDI Leaders
- Coding Auditors, Coding educators
- Coding Compliance Staff and Leaders
- Revenue Cycle Leader, Coders, Billers
- Revenue Cycle Specialists, and Internal Auditors
- Data analytics
Ask a question at the Q&A session following the live event and get advice unique to your situation, directly from our expert speaker.
Click for Menu of Ordering options