Physician Clinical Coding & CDI Querying Compliance: Best Practices & Success Strategy
*This program has the prior approval of AAPC for 1 continuing education hours. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor.
Learn how compliant Provider Querying improves clinical coding - both inpatient, outpatient and physician office. Includes queries for coding CDI for Nurse & coders as well. A must attend program on Clinical Coding and CDI Querying to understanding industry standards & best practices.
Improving clinical documentation can improve coding as well. Accurate clinical coding is a must in today’s regulatory scrutiny environment. Learn how to be compliant and accurate with provider querying whether apart of clinical documentation improvement (CDI) activities or not. Estimates say that 30% of medical record documentation is incomplete, non-specific or lacks clarity, and these results in the need to query.
Medicare improper payments in 2018 were reported to be a shocking $31.6 billion. Regulatory scrutiny continues across healthcare, even in the “documentation querying” area, be prepared and be compliant. Inpatient and Outpatient documentation queries are a must in today’s complex and challenging clinical coding, but your forms and processes must be compliant. Join this one-hour educational program by coding and compliance expert speaker, Gloryanne Bryant, where she will discuss the Physician/Provider Documentation Querying – WHO and WHAT; Physician/Provider Documentation Querying – WHERE and WHY.
- Learn about physician and provider documentation querying to help improve clinical coding.
- Attendee’s will gain greater understanding of the healthcare industry clinical documentation improvement processes and standards to follow.
- Improved diagnostic documentation and coding can help improve medical necessity and reduce denials.
- Understanding Industry Standards & Best Practices and acquire knowledge on policies and procedures to have for provider querying.
- Assist with being compliant for documentation queries through review of industry standards and best practices.
- Enhance knowledge and compliance with provider querying rules. Improve clinical documentation to improve clinical coding through consistent practices.
- Review WHO and WHAT aspects of physician querying for improved documentation
- Understand the WHERE, WHEN AND WHY Coding and CDI should query - includes queries for coding CDI for Nurse & Coders as well
- Enhance knowledge regarding the industry standards for physician querying and review Case examples.
- Know the compliance risks and vulnerabilities.
- Discuss healthcare best practices for physician querying and meeting compliance
Who Should Attend
- HIM Coding Management, Supervisors and Staff - both inpatient, outpatient and physician office
- Clinical Documentation Improvement/Integrity Management
- Supervisors and Staff for hospital inpatient and outpatient querying
- Coding staff and CDI compliance staff
- Nursing, Physicians and Coding Professionals who query providers for improved and specific documentation
- HIM Coding and CDI staff (Nursing)
Ask a question at the Q&A session following the live event and get advice unique to your situation, directly from our expert speaker.
Click for Menu of Ordering options