Prevent Complex Coding Errors And Master Advanced ICD-10-CM Concepts
*This program has the prior approval of AAPC for 1 continuing education hours. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor.
Understand Complex Diabetes and Conjective Heart Failure Coding & Auditing. Learn about Complex Coding, Auditing, CDI Case scenarios.
The valuable and demanding roles of coding professionals and Clinical Documentation Improvement (CDI) specialists continue to evolve especially in our current digital era with ongoing regulatory updates. Coding errors can greatly impact your health care organization’s revenue cycle and we must be prepared to lay our hard-earned credentials on the line to defend and justify our code assignment at the highest level of specificity and accuracy.
This presentation will cover day-to-day complex challenges for coding professionals and CDI specialists, which includes advanced areas of the coding guidelines, coding conventions, strategies to address documentation and coding issues and denials. We will also practice challenging CDI and audit case scenarios and review the often misunderstood coding concepts on code assignment and clinical criteria.
Join this presentation by coding and auditing expert speaker, Victoria Hernandez, to brush up advanced ICD-10-CM Coding concepts and minimize errors, as she shares her experience and knowledge with help of practical and recent coding, CDI and audit case scenarios. This Advanced ICD-10-CM program will also review clinical indicators and coding references on diabetes and congestive heart failure.
Session Objectives and Goals
- Review advanced and challenging coding conventions and guidelines
- Practice complex coding, CDI and audit case scenarios
- Identify common complications/comorbidities (CCs) and major complications/comorbodities (MCCs)
- Review coding references and clinical indicators on diabetes mellitus and congestive heart failure
- Understand guidelines on code assignment and clinical criteria
- Enhance knowledge on compliant physician queries and accurate reporting of principal and secondary diagnoses
- Whether you’re a new or seasoned coding professional, CDI specialist, manager, educator or student, join us as we walk through those complex coding conventions, guidelines, and tackle challenging ICD-10-CM coding concepts through case scenario reviews.
- Master advanced ICD-10-CM concepts on coding diabetes and congestive heart failure
- This presentation will provide an overview of the guidelines and references that impact coding and auditing best practices. It is designed to promote accurate code assignment, quality clinical documentation and achieve compliance.
- We learn about those situations and key areas where coding and auditing errors may be prevented, along with reviewing situations and examples involving CCs, MCCs and HCCs.
Who Should Attend
- HIM Coding Directors, Managers, Supervisors;
- Hospital Coding Staff;
- Clinical Documentation Improvement Management and Staff;
- Reimbursement Specialists;
- Coding Compliance Management and Staff;
- Auditors and Educators
Ask a question at the Q&A session following the live event and get advice unique to your situation, directly from our expert speaker.
Click for Menu of Ordering options