UNWRAPPING NCCI Q2 UPDATES AND COMMON BUNDLING PIT FALLS TO IMPROVE CODING & AVOID DENIALS!Product Format: Live
Presenter: Amy C. Pritchett,BSHA, CCS, CPC-I, CPMA, CANPC, CASCC, CDEO, CEDC, CRC, CMDP, CMPM, CMRS, C-AHI, ICDCT-CM, ICDCT-PCS
Conference Date: Was on Mar 27th 2018.
Aired Time: 1 pm ET | 12 pm CT | 11 am MT | 10 am PT
Length: 90 minutes
Navigate the Maze of NCCI Bundling Edits: “When To and When Not To Unbundle Codes” & Compliance Issues.
The NCCI edits happen quarterly, and if you’re not updating your coding process accordingly, you are inviting denials and lost reimbursement. Understanding NCCI edits and incorporating them into your coding process is critical to correct coding, reimbursement and reducing denials. Many coders and billers have been told they can or can''t bill something without understanding the source of that restriction or the "why" behind it. Others may not understand why something is always denied, but they keep billing it anyway - creating a compliance risk.
This session by expert speaker Amy C. Pritchett, BSHA, CCS, CPC-I, CPMA, CANPC, CASCC, CDEO, CEDC, CRC, CMDP, CMPM, CMRS, C-AHI, ICDCT-CM, ICDCT-PCS, takes you to the source of the NCCI information and explains its correct application - as well as the consequences of not understanding and applying the information correctly. The April 2018 changes will also be taken up for review during the session.
Overview of NCCI Edits and Coding/Billing Policies:
- Brief History of the Coding/Billing Policies
- When it is appropriate to unbundle and when it is not?
- Types of Edits
- Instructions on accessing the NCCI guidelines
- Understanding the NCCI manual – beyond the edits
- Understanding the Medically Unlikely Edits
- Mutually Exclusive Edits
- Insights on modifiers—Are there modifiers to override MUEs?
- What physicians need to know about bundling edits and what needs to be left up to the billing department?
Q2 2018 NCCI Updates
- Review all Q2, 2018 updates of NCCI edits
- Addition and deletion of bundling edits
- Review compliance rules in regards to NCCI edits.
- How to gain confidence in appropriate modifier use
- Coping with medically unnecessary denials
- Misuse of Column 2 Code with Column 1 Code